Energize Cloud is searching for a Lead Security and Defense Specialist on behalf of a Financial Services Company in Illinois.
The position is an important leadership role within the Cyber Detection team, focused on the technical & operational aspects of the cyber security triage processes. The ideal candidate will have the ability to wear multiple hats. This includes team leadership, strong technical/hands-on knowledge, and exceptional communication skills. As the primary contact for technical problems or issues, this leader will lead the team in analyzing, triaging, and escalating cyber security incidents to relevant teams. The role also requires strategic responsibilities, including leading the Defense team's overall direction and performance. Cloud experience is required, with GCP being the favored cloud provider. There is a large migration of the entire company into GCP.
This is a hybrid role, expecting to be in the office two times a week.
- Utilizing SIEM, ensure successful monitoring of security events, and accurate escalation to the appropriate teams.
- Be a leader to Analysts, providing training when needed.
- Implement Triage Processes.
- Work alongside relevant teams internally, ensuring the overall Cyber Defense is being proactive with the detection measures and threat hunting.
- Be a representative of the Defense team in company meetings and projects.
- Act as the first and main contact for Cyber Security Events.
- Assist with the move into GCP, using tools such as Google Chronicle.
Who you are:
- Experience communicating with multiple teams in an organization.
- Experience leading teams.
- Strategic thinking for long-term company goals.
- More than five years of Security experience, proving high interest for the role.
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Relevant Security certifications in GCP is preferred.
- Python, Java, or other languages.
- Relevant certifications such as GCIH, GCFE, GMON, GCFA, GNFA, or similar credentials.