For my client in Belgium I am looking for several Data Migration consultants/architects. The client is in the Agricultural sector, and is looking to bolster their established teams in Data Governance, Data Distribution and Data Migrations.
Below is a detailed description of the roles and responsibilities:
1) Experienced Data Migration Manager (SAP knowledge = must have)
2) Functional Data Migration Consultant (SAP knowledge = strongly advised) that translate the migration scope into technical data design & transformation specifications
3) Technical Data Migration Consultant. No hard tooling requirements, but strong Excel and/or PowerQuery skills are obviously needed. Experience with SAP load tools (Migrate You Data, Winshuttle, LSMW)
The Data Architect oversees and monitors the data model, maintenance processes and data quality for one or more data objects (e.g. materials, customers, suppliers, etc.).
The Data Architect does this in close collaboration with business stakeholders and the functional and technical application experts with a view to standardization, simplification and quality.
The Data Architect is responsible for understanding and translating business needs into concrete solutions in the areas of data processes, data governance, data distribution and data migrations.
Master Data Design:
We are looking for someone who is able to drive the design & coordinate the implementation of key master data objects like customer, vendor & material.
Requirements gathering: Derive master data requirements from operation process flows, conduct business oriented workshops to capture requirements at the source, investigate current master data way of working of legacy systems. Both on conceptual as detailed level
Design: translate the requirements into a proper design of customer, vendor, material
Propagate: configure the design in SAP or follow-up config in non-SAP systems, detail & explain data process & migration requirements to other data experts
This will be focused on a SAP landscape (S4) but openness and/or to use the above skills on different platforms is a plus.
SAP Data Migration: we are looking for someone with experience in large & structured migration exercises with experience in tools to aid in such a migration (Winshuttle, SAP MYD, LSMW, BODS, Powerquery, Access.
We have a quite extensive methodology (scoping > field mapping > ETL build > Mock loads > Cut over approach) in place, which the consultant should be able to follow or implement (under our coaching)
We probably need real hands-on people (executing the methodology under our guidance) but could also be interested in a data migration lead (ie someone who understands our methodology and then can drive that as a lead in a project)
Key attributes we are looking for are:
- You understand the importance of data migration and the quality of the data that is delivered and willing to spend lots of time on the details to get things right.
- The ability to communicate complex (and sometimes tedious) tasks & topics to business users
- You understanding data model designs and translating it to migration needs, comfortable with analysis of large datasets
- You are competent in building reusable data pipeline & transformation models to map as-is data to a to-be datamodel
- Understanding of SAP Business Partner model is almost essential for short-term projects