We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who epitomize our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
Our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We’re looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer experienced in developing scalable, well-tested, and maintainable Java applications / micro services using any (or no) framework. You must be able to translate design and specs into beautiful, usable applications. We have a team of the best people you’d ever want to meet, working on some of the most futuristic projects. We like people who are smart, funny, innovative and tenacious, who can adapt and work together.
We are looking for great software engineers; you will be working on developing our market-leading products, in the collaborative and growing engineering teams based in San Jose. The future of our product is focused around utilizing AI solutions to revolutionize how we diagnose, treat and prevent diseases; your effort will contribute heavily to the services that connect our core platforms with these services, as well as with our mobile apps and with our 3rd party technology partners.
We want a strong team member, who knows how to work within an agile team to produce high quality software. You will help us build and support great products across Babylon, in order to make health care affordable and accessible for everyone.
• Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools.
• Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc.)
• Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality).
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
• Great experience with Java and the associated ecosystem
• You have a deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures.
• The cloud is your friend. Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, or any proprietary clouds.
• You are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organization toward a consensus.
• You’re fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic, across multiple paradigms), and interested in learning more.